The use of PCs in transport applications is constantly increasing and more industrial PC manufacturers develop ad hoc products for “passenger information” and video surveillance.
“Passanger information” means all the information that the carrier of the transports, (be they trains or buses), wants to share with the users of the means.
In this case it is best to divide the “passenger information” into two worlds: the one on the board and the one on the ground.
In the case of grounding, PCs do not require special features, but in the case of those on board the requirements change significantly.
Our customers require: Fanless PCs with extended temperature ranges, with appropriate certifications and powerful graphics performance. In fact it happens very often that video messages are available to the public on large screens that require adequate graphics performance.
There is a growing need for video surveillance for public transport, and both trains and buses do not escape this request.
In this case our customers require the possibility to identify the users of their services and monitor their behavior.
Therefore, PCs, in addition to the above-mentioned robustness and certification features, need a high number of interfaces to connect cameras and a large capacity to accommodate storage systems.
For these applications, TPole proposes a serie of fanless PCs of the Vecow company.
The series responds to the above requirements:
- They are based on KabyLake / Skylake S architecture; The processors of this series have high graphics performance that is suitable for passenger information and high computational performance indispensable for processing.
- They are fanless, extremely robust and suitable for use in harsh environments; In fact they can be used in a temperature range of -40 ° C to 75 ° C and are certified against vibration and shocks.
- They have 4 removable bays for hdd / ssd 2.5 “
Below are the main features
Workstation-Grade Leading Performance
- Intel® Xeon® processor for workstation
- Intel® C236 chipset for workstation
- Max 11% CPU performance improved, 22% lower CPU power consumption
- 4 x 2.5″ Front-access SSD trays, up to 8TB capacity
- 6 x GigE LAN w/ 4 X-coded M12 IEEE 802.3at (25.5W/48V) PoE+, Power On/Off Control
- 2 x port CAN Bus for network expansions
- Compact M2DOM, up to 256GB capacity
- 3 x Mini PCI for PCIe/ USB 3.0/ SIM/ mSATA
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 data security
- 6V to 36V wide range DC power input w/ 80V Surge Protection
- Smart Circuit Protection
- 16-mode Configurable Ignition Power Control
- Remote Manageability
- -40°C to 75°C Extended Temperature
- All-in-one, fanless
- M12 Connections
- EN50155, EN50121-3-2
- Smart Circuit Protection
The MXC versions are particularly suitable for automotive applications, for these applications two CAN BUS ports are available.